Secrets of a Handbag
What if your handbag could talk?
What kind of secrets would she reveal?
What shameful truths would surface from its recesses?
What if a stranger found it; how would they look at it?
And if the handbag is very opinionated, things may become even more complicated.
When Elisa—student and bookseller—leaves her handbag on the bus, her life takes a dramatic turn. The handbag holds every aspect of her life, and without it, she can barely manage even the simplest of tasks.
Diego, a pragmatic, no-nonsense chemist who dislikes complications, finds Elisa’s handbag. He couldn’t be more different from Elisa and can’t wait to return the handbag to its owner so he can go back to his life.
When Elisa and Diego meet, however, things don’t go as planned.
And while Diego tries to keep his distance, everyone (the handbag included) seems determined to put Elisa on his path again and again.
The only ones who don’t seem to agree are Lorena—Diego’s ex-girlfriend—and Marco—aspiring journalist and Elisa’s boyfriend…
If you want to know more about Secrets of a Handbag you can read several excerpts!
What if you had all the time in the world?
Thirteen authors answer that question with short stories about time travel. Go back in time to right a wrong, forward to see the future. No jump is too large, no method unfeasible, no lesson beyond learning.
- Visit the past to learn a family secret.
- See the formation of a future dictatorship.
- Assume responsibility for weaving the fabric of time.
- Travel back in time to WWII.
- Use a family heirloom to solve problems.
- Wear an inheritance to visit ancestors.
- Leave a dystopian future for the hope of something better.
- Make history come true in an unexpected way.
- Fight evil fairies to protect a chosen angel.
- Live with the childhood memory of visitors until the day they arrive.
- Seek medical help for a memory issue and get way more than bargained for.
- Discover that with great power comes great responsibility.
- Uncover the secrets of a pharaoh’s tomb and curse.
Do the characters observe or interact? Is the outcome better or worse than the original timeline? Read these stories to learn how far they go, how they get there, and what happens when they return.
The scope is virtually limitless, definitely timeless.